Pages

Thursday 11 August 2016

What I Make When I Don't Want To Eat Breakfast; Juice Recipe


As most of you already know, I am 6 weeks pregnant! One of the main symptoms I am experiencing is a serious lack of interest in food. I am definitely struggling to eat enough each day. This is incredibly abnormal for me as I am in a serious, committed, love relationship with food. 

The hardest part of the day for me to force myself to eat is in the morning. I just can't even imagine putting anything into my body. But, to my rescue, I always feel the need to drink juice in the morning. So lately, when I just cant eat anything, I make a juice! 

My husband and I bought a juicer when we got married and I love it! It is easy to use and fresh juice is unbeatable! This is the juicer we use:


I am sure there are at least a few of you that can relate to my experience. My husband, Jordan, hates eating breakfast but happily drinks juice! SO, I am going to share with you my favourite juice recipe! It is very easy and tastes delicious! 

The first thing I do is grab some fruit and veggies from my fridge. Carrots, Apples, and Lemon. Usually I stick with these 3, but if I have something else that needs to be used up I will throw it in. In this case it was half of a cucumber. 


I take these veggies, clean them up a bit, and chop them if necessary. In this case, I needed to peel the lemon, wash the carrots, and slice the apple. And voila! 


I throw all of these components into my juicer and out comes a wonderful treat! I have some friends with a big garden so I like to give the leftover pulp (pictured on the left) to them for their compost! 


This juice is super refreshing, a little sour, and very filling. One thing I have learned with juicing is that you can totally experiment with different ingredients. For instance, if I had some kale I probably would have thrown it in. It adds a little bitterness, but it is offset by the lemons and apple. Whatever you think might taste good, just throw it in! 


Are you already a fan of juicing? What is your favourite recipe? If not, will you give this recipe a try? Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment