Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Dear Baby; Week Seven


Dear Baby,

I don't even know where to start. I wish you had ears and could hear all the things your dad and I whisper to you. You will have ears soon. The moment I found out that you exist was the happiest moment of my life. I have always wanted you.

To be honest, baby, these first 7 weeks with you have been very difficult. I wish you didn't make me so sick. I haven't had even one hour without nausea in weeks. I have had cramps way more often than I feel comfortable with. I have been exhausted and have had to quit my job earlier than I ever planned. I have been pretty depressed and I really don't like eating anymore. But you know what, baby? It is all worth it. You are worth it all.

Most of the time, the nausea is the only thing that makes me feel pregnant. If I wasn't sick I don't know if I would believe it. You are only the size of a blueberry. A blueberry! That is TINY. I have never loved something so small so much.

I am using an app on my phone that gives me daily updates on your progress. Yesterday it showed me a picture of your face (well, not your face, but what your face looks like, approximately) and you straight up look like a little snake alien. But I love it. Every little glimpse that I get into your growth amazes me.

So far, I think you are a boy. I have no way to know that, and we don't plan on finding out until you are born, but that is just the feeling I have.

My very favourite thing about this pregnancy, so far, is when daddy talks to you. We know you can't hear us, so it's mostly for us, but we just love you so much we are bursting at the seams.

We are praying for you so much. We want you to be so healthy, so strong, and we want you to know how much Jesus loves you.

I can't wait to meet you. You are so so loved.

Hold tight, baby.

Love, Mommy.



No comments:

Post a Comment